Youth/Leader Supply List: Click for PDF version
*Everyone must have a 5-gallon bucket with a lid that stays on. These can be bought at Walmart, Home Depot, etc, or get one free from a bakery or donut shop (they buy their icing in this size bucket), or bring a used one from home. The bucket must be clearly marked with your name in BIG letters…on the side of the bucket AND on the LID. All items from this list below need to fit inside the 5-gallon bucket (except for your sleeping bag, pillow and a hat).
*Everyone must pack a BROWN BAG LUNCH FROM HOME on the first day!
1. Everyone wears ONE set of pioneer clothes including hat and bonnet , and packs their second set. (You will wear your one set to the Shakedown when you turn in your bucket to be inspected). Plan to wear an old warm coat on Trek morning.
2. Everyone brings a small sleeping bag, a small pillow, and a sleeping mat (opt), but NO air pumps. Try to roll it all together tightly inside your sleeping bag and put it into a STURDY tear resistant black plastic bag and tie securely (but easily opened at night). At Shakedown, your name will be written on colored duct tape according to company/family and attached to your bag.
3. Sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses, moleskin can be put in your satchel (which will be provided by the Stake) on trek morning.
4. This is what is to be packed INSIDE YOUR BUCKET:
- Brown Bag lunch for first day
- Waterbottle that can be refilled and used throughout Trek
- One set of pioneer clothes
- 3 pair of socks (extra pairs optional in case of wet conditions or blisters. Some prefer nylon sock liners to prevent blisters.)
- One extra pair of broken-in walking shoes (tennis shoes are fine)—these can be tied to the handle of your bucket if they don’t fit inside. One set of shoes WILL get wet. Flip flops for nighttime (opt)
- One warm sleeping outfit. t-shirts MUST have sleeves, sleeping pants MUST at least be capri length
- Two changes of undergarments
- Personal hygiene Items: toothbrush, small toothpaste, washcloth and towel, comb/brush, deodorant/antiperspirant, baby wipes, feminine hygiene supplies.
- Small flashlight
- 2 oz. liquid biodegradable soap
- Pen/pencil, old set of scriptures (in a zip lock bag)
- Gloves—bike, work, or snow gloves with the fingers cut off would work. You’ll really want these to push the handcarts! Put them at the top inside your bucket.
- Prescription medications (give to the medical staff upon arrival trek morning IF parent instruction requires staff to administer your meds).
- Rain poncho – light weight, pocket sized
- Anti-chafing product, such as body powder (Gold Bond, Talcum powder, etc) or lubricant (such as Body glide, Runner’s Lube, Bag Balm, etc). Optional, but suggested. Put your personal items in a zip lock back so they can be easily accessed.
- Insect repellant and Sun Screen
5. Items that ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BE IN BUCKETS: anything valuable, cell phones, ipods, mp3 players, video games, cameras or similar devices (NOTHING ELECTRONIC), food, drinks, money, watches, jewelry, wallets, backpacks.
6. Prescription medications (give to the medical staff upon arrival trek morning).
For Shakedown: Wear one set of pioneer clothes, bring packed bucket (labeled with your name) and sleeping gear in black plastic bag. Do not leave your sleeping gear anywhere until it is labeled with your name/ward in colored duct tape.
On Trek Morning: Wear the same set of pioneer clothes as worn to the Shakedown, bring an old warm coat and your possibles bag. Stake will provide a Grab-and-Go breakfast at the Stake Center.